Today’s assignment: create a blogroll to share a few links you love.
Why do this? You tell readers more about yourself through what you choose to share. Giving readers recommendations turns you into a trustworthy source of great stuff. When other bloggers see you referring them traffic, they’re likely to drop in on you — a traffic win-win.
I sucked at this assignment. I need help. I’ll be setting up another consultation session with MeilaniMacDonald.com.
I had to figure out exactly what a blogroll is…it’s a set of links to your favorite blogs. Since I already have the “Blogs I Follow” widget, I tried to follow the directions on this WordPress blogroll instruction to make categories of links and I got really confused. I plan on adding these links but I’m going to put that on the “how to list” for my next MeilaniMacDonald.com google+ hangout consultation:
- How to make categories of links (one for Music News and two others)
- How to make the landing page be the blog page
- I did something weird in the Menus page that I can’t undo and need to have it checked
- I’m sure I’ll think of more questions before then
But I did get several other things crossed of my “blog to-do list” this past week:
- Changed name of Home page to About page
- Made a new blog Category for Concerts as seen in the submenu under blog and in the sidebar
- Added my Gravatar About widget to the bottom of my sidebar
- Added the Email to Follow Blog widget to the sidebar
- Removed Archives widget
So I’m going to be late finishing up this Day Ten…but I’ll get it done. ;o)